Thursday, September 04, 2008

The aftermath of Gustav

Clay Dover, president and chief marketing officer of the Louisiana-based Raising Cane's quick-service chain, sent us this note yesterday about the aftermath of Monday's storm:

Hurricane Gustav forced Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers to close 35 of its 58 company owned stores in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. (We have 73 total). As of Wednesday, September 03, 2008 we have been able to re-open 18 locations.

Baton Rouge has been a challenge due to massive power outages. Additionally some of our outlying restaurant locations were hard hit, including Houma, where Gustav made landfall. We plan on opening the restaurants located in New Orleans beginning Thursday a.m. with full crews.

We were able to reopen quickly because we were very proactive in our preparation both in preparation and recovery.

1 comment:

  1. I have read you comment about Gustav on Foh Boh and connected to your blog through them. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and I wish you the very best. However, I am wondering about Layfayette, Louisiana. Do you know how hard that city got hit by the hurricaine? I have a personal connection in Layfayette, my sister and her family. In addition, I have connected with one of you manager's in Layfayette, he accepted my friendship request on FohBoh. I heven't heard from eith Fruge, My sister's family or your manager. I just hope all is well!

    God Bless MRJ

    ReplyDelete